We haven’t been shy about our love for fall. But after long, sweaty Midwestern summers, we can’t bring ourselves to apologize for it. #sorrynotsorry
Here’s what we’re loving for Fall 2015:
1. CAPES!! Ponchos, wraps, sweater/afghan combos, we love them all. They’re comfy, minimal effort, and you can eat as much of your favorite comfort foods as you want while wearing one. Pairs well with leggings or skinny jeans!
2. Dark, vampy lips. Nothing makes you feel fierce like a smoldering dark lipstick. Our latest obsession is Blackmail. Need some tips and tricks for applying? Look here!
3. Turtlenecks. It’s a risk, we know. Turtlenecks can make you look bulgy in all the worst places if done wrong, but keep it simple with jewelry and style your hair away from your face for a look that feels fresh and fierce.
4. Sassy eyeliner. Subtle or bold, great eyeliner is a statement we all want to make. Earlier this year, Tarte Cosmetics launched their Clay Paint Liner, and it’s a game changer. The liner comes with a brush and the liner is designed with a flat tip dispense to get the perfect amount on the brush. The formula is matte and long lasting! Check out more here!
5. Hats. When it’s cold, or you don’t want to wash your hair, or you’re just too lazy to fix it, we know the feels. Fall is when you can get away with it. A beanie just looks wrong in the summer, we know you’re sweating under there! Fall, however, is the perfect time to pair a slouchy hat with a warm and cozy sweater.
6. Flower headbands are all-season. It’s always acceptable to dress up your tresses with flower decorations, just be conscious of the color pairings!
7. Boots! While we love the sandals of summer, the coziness that comes from wearing boots is a whole new level. They give your look a real badass kick that totally boosts your confidence. We like what Modcloth has to offer this season. For a more local selection, check out the boots for sale at The Review Shoppe. Affordable and chic.
8. Go Blonde! The typical “rule” is to go darker for the cold seasons, but these bombshells decided to break the rules and go blonde for fall, and they are both rocking it.
(PS- They both went to see Becca at Karma!)
9. Leather. You can’t go wrong. Unless you are Ross Geller.
Just look at these leather laden vixens. There’s a girl gang we wouldn’t want to mess with.
10. Braided Headbands. Braided styles have been blowing up for awhile, but we still can’t get enough! We can blame/thank Game of Thrones.
Stay tuned for more of our favorite fall looks in our upcoming Fall Fashion Shoot Part II and be sure to tag us in your favorite fall selfies using #grittyluxe. Happy shopping babes!