There’s just something about sisters. A spark. Something special. It’s like an inside joke or a secret. You can see the energy that surrounds them when they’re together and feel that powerful bond that only two women who have grown up together as sisters can share.
This month we celebrate besties, and for this post we focus on two women who are not only best friends but two of the funniest, kindest, and smartest sisters we know. Kimi and Eletha Thompson.
This duo is pretty amazing. They share a wicked sense of humor and a charisma that is impossible to resist. We’re lucky to call them our friends.
We asked them to jot down a short list of what makes the other one so important to them. Get ready to grab a tissue babes because this one’s a tearjerker.
Kimi on Eletha:
1. She’s exceptionally loyal.
2. She’s genuinely kind and accepting to all humans. She doesn’t judge anyone for anything. Everyone loves Eletha, and I think that’s because you instantly feel comfortable around her. In high school, I actually used to judge other people’s character based on how they felt about my sister. She’s so easy to get along with, and if you don’t like her, then I have no interest in you as a human.
3. She’s very funny, and is also the one person I can always count on to laugh at my lame jokes, but is also the one person I can count on to say funny things.
5. She is always willing to listen to my troubles or let me cry at her. She’s also good at knowing what to say, and not bullshitting you when you’re in a tough situation by saying “it’ll all be okay”.
It’s easy to be friends with someone who likes the same things that you do, but we don’t. While we like a lot of the same things, we’re actually really different, but she loves me and supports me anyways. She doesn’t judge me or make me feel bad about myself, and she constantly provides support and words of encouragement. She understands me in a way nobody else does, and isn’t that what we’re all searching for in this life? To find other people who just understand us? People who just know things about you without you having to verbalize them.
I think that’s all you could ever want in a best friend, and I’m so blessed to have already found just that.
(Are you sobbing yet? Because we totally are.)
Seriously, playing around with these two had us peeing our pants. Just try spending more than fifteen minutes with these girls after giving them a bottle of bubbles (or bubbly) and see if you can maintain any amount of composure! Maybe we’re biased….but these ladies are a damn delight.
Eletha on Kimi:
1. She’s SO nerdy. Only Kimi could watch The Hobbit (I shit you not) 4 times a day for an ENTIRE YEAR and still have people that want to talk to her. I can talk to her about any nerdy thing (except for Doctor Who because she’s obviously not quite on my level just yet) and she’ll be just as into it as I am. Especially Harry Potter. Watch out when that comes up. We won’t stop.
2. She is the funniest person I know. I love our inside jokes that we’ve had forever and she can crack me up with a single word. #PleasePassTheCheese
3. She is immensely motivated and INCREDIBLY smart. There is nothing this girl can’t do! She inspires me to be better and to go after what I want. She’ll probably run the world some day.
4. SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL. I mean, inside and out, this girl is the complete package. She has this bitchin’ personality that radiates out of her causing her to walk in and shame everyone else in the room. It must be hard to be that insanely gorgeous. Surusly.
5. She’s my best friend. I can call her at any point day or night about anything at all, and she’ll drop everything to talk to me. She’ll defend me to the grave and then kick my ass if I let her down. What more could a girl want in a friend?
I’m the luckiest girl in the world because not only is she my best friend, but she’s my sister, so I get to keep her forever.
This shoot was an absolute blast because not only are they an amazing team that perfectly compliment one another, we love hanging out with them! Huge thank you to Aviary Cafe in Downtown Springfield for letting us takeover a whole corner of their restaurant for part of this shoot! We love you and your crepes! Make sure to share your #sister pics with us by using #GRITTYLUXE!